Echo Dot Not Responding?
Do not worry there are many solutions if your Echo Dot does not start after pressing the button.
If your device does not turn on or respond to your commands, try these Echo Dot troubleshooting steps.
- Be sure to use the supplied AC adapter. Other adapters do not provide enough power for Echo Dot to turn on and work properly.
- Press the Action button to see if Echo Dot is responding to your requests.
- When connecting your Echo Dot to a speaker (via Bluetooth or the audio cable), make sure it is at least one meter (3 feet) away from the speaker. When Echo Dot is close to external speakers, it may be more difficult for Echo Dot to hear the wake-up and other queries.
- Make sure your device is at least 20 cm away from walls or other objects.
- Make sure there is no background noise when you speak.
- Speak naturally and clearly.
In particular, we will see in this article solutions such as hard restart, battery restart, interference with applications or electrical problems.
Your Echo Dot can finally be under warranty or repaired by a specialist.
Unplug Your Echo Dot from Any Electronic Device
If your Echo Dot is connected to a computer, internet box or other, then we strongly recommend that you unplug it.
Indeed, it is possible that software incompatibilities come to jeopardize the startup of your Echo Dot. In this case, the solution is simply to disconnect the USB cable from your phone.
Remove the battery from your Echo Dot
Another possible solution is to remove the battery from your Echo Dot. This can be a simple and effective solution if you want to start your Echo Dot.
Do a Factory Restart Conditionally?
The factory boot restores your phone as if it were out of the box, from a software point of view. If you have accumulated viruses or unwanted software, this may be a good solution to start your Echo Dot.
My Echo Dot Not Start Anymore
Refer to your manual to restore the factory settings of your Echo Dot, or consult a professional. This will ensure that the steps have been done on this point. Be careful though, you will lose all your personal data by doing this. Be sure to have made a backup beforehand.
The Battery does not work on your Echo Dot
Battery completely discharged
In case the battery is completely discharged, then there may not be enough power to start your Echo Dot. We recommend that you charge your Echo Dot and wait patiently. Once the charge indicator is at least 20% then you will be able to restart your phone.
My Echo Dot does not start anymore
More about this on our Echo Dot pages.
Note that charging with a USB cable connected to a computer or other electronic device is not recommended.
Indeed, the load would be slowed down, and software interference or even a virus could spread.
Battery Too Old to Change
Another problem with your Echo Dot may be that your battery is too old.
In this case, the only solution is to change it.
We advise you to go see a professional or test your battery on another Echo Dot before making a possible purchase of a battery, sometimes expensive.
If all the previous solutions do not work
- Play your guarantee
- Your Echo Dot may still be under warranty.
- Most of the time, it is important for this step to have kept your receipt.
- The best is to go to your dealer who will help you start your phone.
- Go see an authorized repairer
If you do not have a warranty, then it will be up to you to call a repairer.
We advise you to refer only to specialized repairers for your Echo Dot. Be careful to ask for a quote before you engage with a professional of this type.
We hope to have helped you best on this issue related to your mobile.
How to Restart Your Echo Dot
If you want to have a free memory or just get rid of your phone Echo Dot, you can restart it via a “restart force”, with the purpose of erasing all its data.
We will see in this article, how to do it via the Settings and Recovery menus of your Echo Dot.
It is important that you back up your data before performing a restart. Force restarting will lose all of your data, including music, photos, pdf documents, settings of your apps or any other type of data stored on your Echo Dot. On the other hand, what is on your Drive or online account will normally be restored. Be careful to read the conditions for saving your account so you do not have a bad surprise.
Restarting your Echo Dot will return it to the state it left the factory.
From a software point of view, your Echo Dot will be like new. Android gives you the ability to erase your data from the Settings menu.
While the standard procedure is usually sufficient, malicious people who would like to see your data erased could do so.
Thus, we strongly advise you to encrypt your phone, especially if you want to give it or sell it to a third party in which you do not have a high level of trust.
In case it is only for you that you do this, we will never advise you enough to save all of your data to be able to find them after this “Restart”. The Play Store is full of apps allowing you to do it.
Refer to user notes and comments before installing and using such an application.
Use the Button to Restart the Speaker
Here is the usual routine to perform a restart via this menu:
- As described before, be sure to save all the important data for you.
- The best is to connect the speaker to a mobile phone if you are unsure of yourself.
- Go to the Settings or Settings menu of your Echo Dot.
- Under the “Personal” menu, tap Save and Restart.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Under “Personal data” go to “Restart”.
- You may need to enter your PIN or password during these actions.
- This is completely normal and aims to prevent a third party from erasing all your data.
- When prompted, press ‘Clear All’ to erase all data from the internal memory of your Echo Dot.
- It is surely something that will be asked spontaneously anyway, but you will need to restart your phone.
- Do not worry, it’s completely normal and that means the restart went well.
You will know that the restart is a success when you see the home screen just like what you could see right after the purchase of your Echo Dot. It will then be easy for you to reinstall the applications you want, or to put back in memory photos and music according to your tastes.
At any time during this process, if your Echo Dot not responding, you have the option to restart the system via the power button, held down for a few seconds.
In the case of absolute necessity, you can remove the battery of your Echo Dot, but this is not recommended and could damage your phone.
In any case, we advise you to contact a telephony professional if you are not sure of yourself or if you encounter difficulties.
Finally, the manufacturer or salesperson of your Echo Dot can be of assistance if need more information.
We hope to have helped you best on this issue related to your mobile.
Need more help? Feel free to contact our Amazon Echo Dot Support Team of specialists on the contact form or read our other articles on your model Echo Dot.