Want to know the right method to do Reset Alexa? If yes, then our guide will definitely help you. First of all, you need to aware of what kind of reset you actually want to do. If in case your device is just unresponsive then you should always consider s simply reboot. All you need to do is take out the power adapter and simply plug it back.
In case, reboot doesn’t solve your problem then you can consider a factory reset. Make a note that factory reset will erase all of your personalized settings. You can also consider factory resetting your Echo speaker especially when you are planning to sell it away or giving it to someone permanently.
Reset Your Echo Using Alexa App
Yes, you read it right you can easily reset your Echo device right from your Echo device. All you need to do is just open your Echo app on your Android or iOS smartphone and follow the following method. Open the Echo app and go to Devices.
- You will see Echo & Alexa icon at the top, tap on it.
- If you have multiple speakers the pick the speaker from the list you want to factory reset.
- Scroll down and look for the Factory Reset option and tap on it.
- Confirm the option that you want to reset.
- Factory Reset Using Button
How to Reset Amazon Echo Dot
Make a note that not all methods of resetting Amazon Echo are the same. It generally varies depending type of device you have and it happens to be true when you have different generations of the same model.
- If you have Amazon Echo Dot second generation then to reset it you need to press and hold the Volume down and Microphone Off buttons simultaneously. You should hold it for around 20 seconds or until the light ring turns orange.
- If you have Amazon Echo Dot with Clock or Echo Dot third generation then you need to press and hold the Action button at least for 25 seconds. The reset button is on the right of the top panel.
How to Reset Amazon Echo
If you have the Echo Dot then the reset process generally depends on the type of device, for instance, you have the original one or second generation.
- For the first-generation Echo device, you need to use a paper clip or something similar. Use it to press and hold the Reset button. Hold the button until the light ring turns off and then turn on again.
- If you want to reset your second or third-generation Echo device then press and hold the Volume down and Microphone Off buttons simultaneously. You should hold it for around 20 seconds or until the light ring turns orange.
In case, you have any other device and that is not listed here then feel free to take professional help from Alexa Echo Help. All you need to do is call at the toll free number +1 877-937-8077 and get instant solution. Visit https://alexa-echo-help.com/ for more information.